Free Advice and Services for Foreigners

From 1st of January – public health insurance for the child of a foreigner

The amendment of the Act on Health Insurance No. 580/2004 Z. z. became effective as from the 1st of January 2017. Minors holding a residence permit in Slovakia with at least one statutory representative (parent)

or natural person to whom he/she have been entrusted into care by a court decision taking part in the public health insurance system have been added to the scope of persons taking part in the public health insurance system while not having permanent residence in the Slovak Republic. A minor can be publicly insured only by the same health insurance company as his/her parent. Together with the application form it is necessary to submit the residence permit of a parent and the minor, proof of identity of the parent (passport), and the birth certificate of the child (verified and officially translated into Slovak). If you are a foreigner from a non EU/EHP country, have a residence permit in Slovakia, and you are employed or running a business as a sole trader, you can register your child in a public health insurance company.

Contact us

Info line: 0850 211 478


  Skype: MICconsultant
      +421 905 063 908

Tel: +421 2 5263 0023

Grösslingová 35
811 09 Bratislava

Tel: +421 55 625 8662
Poštová 1
040 01 Košice

Opening hours


Monday:   9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday:   9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday:  by appointment only



Monday:   1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday:  1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday:   1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday:  by appointment only


If you wish to receive the IOM Bratislava Newsletters directly
to your e-mail address, please
fill out the following form:

You may need a visa to come to Slovakia to visit, study or work.
Check if you need a visa.


Follow us

  IOM Slovakia
  FB page
youtube  IOM Slovakia
  Youtube page
  IOM Slovakia official
  web site
   Atlas of migrant